Tuesday, January 02, 2007
No New Year's Resolutions for me!
Well, there'll be no New Year's Resolutions for me! Why? I hear you asking. Because I always break the damn things!
When I'd look back at my old childhood diaries, I'd always see the same old resolutions in the front:
1. I will not swear
2. I will not be cheeky to my mother
3. I will not eat sweets
I once managed not to utter a swear word for a whole week back then, but invariably, resolution #2 and #3 were broken by January the second.
So this year, I am setting myself some goals again:
1. To polish off my work in progress and submit to a BIGGER publisher.
2. To finish writing that book I'm 2/3 of the way through before I put it aside to start on my NanoWrimo book [which incidentally, is the book mentioned in my first goal.
3. To be as healthy as possible. No, I am not going to say that I should lose 2 stone [even if I should!] I know I won't. But I can eat more healthily, walk more, go for more health check ups etc.
4. To keep drinking alcohol. No, I am not giving it up. I always say I will, but I don't. So instead, I will resolve to drink less and ensure I have at least 2 alcohol free days per week.
5. Not to make any New Year's Resolutions