Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I feel awful today

I dreamt a couple of nights ago that Danny came home. I saw him walking down the steps and I rushed to open the front door, only when I did, it wasn't him it was another dog.

Since then I have been feeling worse and worse. Today I am particularly bad. My son and I had a talk last night and we both concluded that the unthinkable has happened, I don't want to even say it here.

Everywhere I go, whatever I do, I am reminded of Danny, it's awful. I picture him sitting on the garage steps, or lying on his favourite chair with his paws crossed.

I've been trying to register him as missing on various pet websites for about a week or so now, only some of the free ones I've joined, once I upload the details, for some reason they won't go through. A good one I found this afternoon though, charges £24.99 and they don't do much more than we've done ourselves already, such as sending posters to the vets, dog wardens, rescue shelters, etc.

Finally, I found one that worked and doesn't even charge, not that I mind paying if they do something different to what we've already done.

I just sent Danny's details off to this missing pets website along with his picture:
http://www.lostdogsuk.com/ld4824%20border%20collie.htm

This is killing me.

March 9th, 2006, I saw Millie give birth to Danny, I helped wean him, I nursed him. I spent every day with him. I find myself talking to him, but he's not here anymore and it bloody hurts. It hurts like hell.

No comments: